Yahoo Forum Archive

This is an archive of the MEFA Yahoo Group, which was shut down by Yahoo in 2019. The archive can be sorted by month and by topic ID. You can use your browser to search by keyword within the month or topic you have open.

JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
2004---18210426558925263362316285
20051895610753834744697276194358565136
200623166277611713912756676615979
200720257-297299143318583103
2008561335424014127477516090106
2009283-39194101722722153624
201067-14103138129321316330
20111-172625906132758
201230---812276-----
2013------------
2014---------1-2
2015------------
2016------------
2017------------
2018------------
2019---------1--

Msg# 10417

Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by telperion1 May 24, 2010 - 21:39:42 Topic ID# 10417
Hey guys,

Do you know any of these authors?

--- Branwyn (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
--- Canafinwe (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
--- Dawn Felagund (Liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
--- Elvenson (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
--- Estelyn Telcontar (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
--- KyMahalei (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
--- Lady Bluejay (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
--- Lamiel (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
--- Marethiel (Liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawaltATsbcglobalDOTnet)
--- Raniel42 (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
--- SurgicalSteel (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
--- Tehta (Liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)

They have all been nominated at least a week and (according to my records at
least!) have not given us any indication that they *know* they've been
nominated. Now, there are several reasons for that. For instance, the author
could be out of touch temporarily (it is the start of summer), or one
volunteer may not have gotten the world to another volunteer yet. These
authors haven't done anything wrong, and there's no need for alarm yet; we
still have a bit of time.

--- All nominations must be 100% completed by June 21. That includes fixing
any mistakes found on the form, so it's good to try to finish the form a few
days before that deadline.

--- All nominated authors must give some indication they know they were
nominated, within two weeks of being nominated. This can mean starting the
form or emailing the liaison. If they don't, the nomination *may* be
withdrawn, at our discretion. (You don't have to be done within two weeks,
you just have to get started.)

So even if you see your name above, there's still time to accept the
nomination. But if you know any of these authors, you may want to drop them
a line and make sure they know they've been nominated. Authors, if you see
your name listed, please contact your liaison for help with your nomination,
or mefasupportATgmailDOTcom for help logging in to our website. We'll help
you get the ball rolling.

Thanks,

Marta (MEFA Admin.)

Msg# 10418

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Marlyn Bumpus May 24, 2010 - 22:19:53 Topic ID# 10417
Hi there!

> Do you know any of these authors?

I've dropped emails to both SurgicalSteel and KyMahalei, asking them to get in touch with their liaisons.

Cuio mae.

Aeärwen

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Msg# 10419

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Laura May 24, 2010 - 23:07:31 Topic ID# 10417
I nominated one of Canafinwe's stories, and we talked about it back at the beginning of May. She seemed excited about the prospect, but I haven't heard anything since. I just sent her an email, so maybe I'll hear something soon. Possibly the nomination announcement was lost in the junkmail...?

Thundera

---------------------------------------------
"No one can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion."
Colonel Flagg - M*A*S*H
---------------------------------------------

Msg# 10421

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Neume Indil May 25, 2010 - 1:17:01 Topic ID# 10417
I think Lady Bluejay is a school teacher and might be busy this time of
year, but I'll send her a PM through a site we both use to make sure she
knows about it.

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 11:59 PM, Laura <thunderalaura@juno.com> wrote:

>
>
> I nominated one of Canafinwe's stories, and we talked about it back at the
> beginning of May. She seemed excited about the prospect, but I haven't heard
> anything since. I just sent her an email, so maybe I'll hear something soon.
> Possibly the nomination announcement was lost in the junkmail...?
>
> Thundera
>
> ---------------------------------------------
> "No one can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I
> keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion."
> Colonel Flagg - M*A*S*H
> ---------------------------------------------
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Msg# 10422

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Marlyn Bumpus May 25, 2010 - 1:40:12 Topic ID# 10417
Hi there! Thundera said:

> Possibly the nomination announcement was lost in the junkmail...?

Could be. I have more than one nomination, but I only received the very last announcement... And my IP doesn't have a spamfilter on it, that I know of.

Cuio mae.

Aeärwen

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Msg# 10424

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Ellin Ithilwen May 25, 2010 - 2:53:36 Topic ID# 10417
I'll contact Dawn Felagund and Marethiel. ;)



Hey guys,



Do you know any of these authors?



--- Branwyn (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)

--- Canafinwe (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)

--- Dawn Felagund (Liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)

--- Elvenson (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)

--- Estelyn Telcontar (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)

--- KyMahalei (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)

--- Lady Bluejay (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)

--- Lamiel (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)

--- Marethiel (Liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawaltATsbcglobalDOTnet)

--- Raniel42 (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)

--- SurgicalSteel (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)

---




















[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Msg# 10426

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by telperion1 May 25, 2010 - 4:13:44 Topic ID# 10417
> -----Original Message-----
> From: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com] On
> Behalf Of Marlyn Bumpus
> Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 11:08 PM
> To: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [MEFAwards] Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors
>
>
>
> Hi there!
>
> > Do you know any of these authors?
>
> I've dropped emails to both SurgicalSteel and KyMahalei, asking them to
> get in touch with their liaisons.
>
> Cuio mae.
>
> Aeärwen
>
Excellent, thanks.

Marta

Msg# 10427

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by elfique\_irot May 25, 2010 - 9:56:01 Topic ID# 10417
I spoke to Elvenson about nominating him a while back, I'll get on the case today though...


--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "telperion1" <marta.fandom@...> wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> Do you know any of these authors?
>
> --- Branwyn (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Canafinwe (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
> --- Dawn Felagund (Liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Elvenson (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
> --- Estelyn Telcontar (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
> --- KyMahalei (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
> --- Lady Bluejay (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Lamiel (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Marethiel (Liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawaltATsbcglobalDOTnet)
> --- Raniel42 (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- SurgicalSteel (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Tehta (Liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)
>
> They have all been nominated at least a week and (according to my records at
> least!) have not given us any indication that they *know* they've been
> nominated. Now, there are several reasons for that. For instance, the author
> could be out of touch temporarily (it is the start of summer), or one
> volunteer may not have gotten the world to another volunteer yet. These
> authors haven't done anything wrong, and there's no need for alarm yet; we
> still have a bit of time.
>
> --- All nominations must be 100% completed by June 21. That includes fixing
> any mistakes found on the form, so it's good to try to finish the form a few
> days before that deadline.
>
> --- All nominated authors must give some indication they know they were
> nominated, within two weeks of being nominated. This can mean starting the
> form or emailing the liaison. If they don't, the nomination *may* be
> withdrawn, at our discretion. (You don't have to be done within two weeks,
> you just have to get started.)
>
> So even if you see your name above, there's still time to accept the
> nomination. But if you know any of these authors, you may want to drop them
> a line and make sure they know they've been nominated. Authors, if you see
> your name listed, please contact your liaison for help with your nomination,
> or mefasupportATgmailDOTcom for help logging in to our website. We'll help
> you get the ball rolling.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marta (MEFA Admin.)
>

Msg# 10428

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Dawn Felagund May 25, 2010 - 10:26:40 Topic ID# 10417
I'm not sure why I'm on the list. I started my forms pretty much immediately
after receiving my nominations, and Elliska and I have been in touch. Thanks
to everyone who emailed me to let me know that I had been nominated! :)

Best regards,

Dawn

--
~oOo~
Dawn Felagund
http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/
http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Msg# 10429

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Sharon May 25, 2010 - 14:14:05 Topic ID# 10417
Just sent an email to Branwyn - she should see it later tonight.

Blessings,
Agape

--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "telperion1" <marta.fandom@...> wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> Do you know any of these authors?
>
> --- Branwyn (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Canafinwe (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
> --- Dawn Felagund (Liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Elvenson (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
> --- Estelyn Telcontar (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
> --- KyMahalei (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
> --- Lady Bluejay (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Lamiel (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Marethiel (Liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawaltATsbcglobalDOTnet)
> --- Raniel42 (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- SurgicalSteel (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Tehta (Liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)
>
> They have all been nominated at least a week and (according to my records at
> least!) have not given us any indication that they *know* they've been
> nominated. Now, there are several reasons for that. For instance, the author
> could be out of touch temporarily (it is the start of summer), or one
> volunteer may not have gotten the world to another volunteer yet. These
> authors haven't done anything wrong, and there's no need for alarm yet; we
> still have a bit of time.
>
> --- All nominations must be 100% completed by June 21. That includes fixing
> any mistakes found on the form, so it's good to try to finish the form a few
> days before that deadline.
>
> --- All nominated authors must give some indication they know they were
> nominated, within two weeks of being nominated. This can mean starting the
> form or emailing the liaison. If they don't, the nomination *may* be
> withdrawn, at our discretion. (You don't have to be done within two weeks,
> you just have to get started.)
>
> So even if you see your name above, there's still time to accept the
> nomination. But if you know any of these authors, you may want to drop them
> a line and make sure they know they've been nominated. Authors, if you see
> your name listed, please contact your liaison for help with your nomination,
> or mefasupportATgmailDOTcom for help logging in to our website. We'll help
> you get the ball rolling.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marta (MEFA Admin.)
>

Msg# 10430

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Diana Nevins May 25, 2010 - 15:36:45 Topic ID# 10417
I know Surgical Steel, Dawn Felegund, and Tehta. Tehta's not around much online these days, and may prove impossible to reach, but the other two should be no problem. I'll get on it!

Ithilwen

-----Original Message-----

From: telperion1

Sent: May 24, 2010 10:39 PM

To: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [MEFAwards] Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors

Hey guys,



Do you know any of these authors?



--- Branwyn (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)

--- Canafinwe (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)

--- Dawn Felagund (Liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)

--- Elvenson (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)

--- Estelyn Telcontar (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)

--- KyMahalei (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)

--- Lady Bluejay (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)

--- Lamiel (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)

--- Marethiel (Liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawaltATsbcglobalDOTnet)

--- Raniel42 (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)

--- SurgicalSteel (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)

--- Tehta (Liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)



They have all been nominated at least a week and (according to my records at

least!) have not given us any indication that they *know* they've been

nominated. Now, there are several reasons for that. For instance, the author

could be out of touch temporarily (it is the start of summer), or one

volunteer may not have gotten the world to another volunteer yet. These

authors haven't done anything wrong, and there's no need for alarm yet; we

still have a bit of time.



--- All nominations must be 100% completed by June 21. That includes fixing

any mistakes found on the form, so it's good to try to finish the form a few

days before that deadline.



--- All nominated authors must give some indication they know they were

nominated, within two weeks of being nominated. This can mean starting the

form or emailing the liaison. If they don't, the nomination *may* be

withdrawn, at our discretion. (You don't have to be done within two weeks,

you just have to get started.)



So even if you see your name above, there's still time to accept the

nomination. But if you know any of these authors, you may want to drop them

a line and make sure they know they've been nominated. Authors, if you see

your name listed, please contact your liaison for help with your nomination,

or mefasupportATgmailDOTcom for help logging in to our website. We'll help

you get the ball rolling.



Thanks,


Marta (MEFA Admin.)

Msg# 10433

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by surgeon\_ruth May 25, 2010 - 16:38:13 Topic ID# 10417
After receiving the first e-mail from a friend telling me I was on the 'hard to reach' list, I almost immediately completed all three of my nomination forms. I've gotten four more since. Can we now get the word out that I'm not hard to reach? ;)

Surgical Steel

--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Diana Nevins <dlnevins@...> wrote:
>
> I know Surgical Steel, Dawn Felegund, and Tehta. Tehta's not around much online these days, and may prove impossible to reach, but the other two should be no problem. I'll get on it!
>
> Ithilwen
>
> -----Original Message-----
>
> From: telperion1
>
> Sent: May 24, 2010 10:39 PM
>
> To: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com
>
> Subject: [MEFAwards] Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors
>
> Hey guys,
>
>
>
> Do you know any of these authors?
>
>
>
> --- Branwyn (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
>
> --- Canafinwe (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
>
> --- Dawn Felagund (Liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
>
> --- Elvenson (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
>
> --- Estelyn Telcontar (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
>
> --- KyMahalei (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
>
> --- Lady Bluejay (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
>
> --- Lamiel (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
>
> --- Marethiel (Liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawaltATsbcglobalDOTnet)
>
> --- Raniel42 (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
>
> --- SurgicalSteel (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
>
> --- Tehta (Liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)
>
>
>
> They have all been nominated at least a week and (according to my records at
>
> least!) have not given us any indication that they *know* they've been
>
> nominated. Now, there are several reasons for that. For instance, the author
>
> could be out of touch temporarily (it is the start of summer), or one
>
> volunteer may not have gotten the world to another volunteer yet. These
>
> authors haven't done anything wrong, and there's no need for alarm yet; we
>
> still have a bit of time.
>
>
>
> --- All nominations must be 100% completed by June 21. That includes fixing
>
> any mistakes found on the form, so it's good to try to finish the form a few
>
> days before that deadline.
>
>
>
> --- All nominated authors must give some indication they know they were
>
> nominated, within two weeks of being nominated. This can mean starting the
>
> form or emailing the liaison. If they don't, the nomination *may* be
>
> withdrawn, at our discretion. (You don't have to be done within two weeks,
>
> you just have to get started.)
>
>
>
> So even if you see your name above, there's still time to accept the
>
> nomination. But if you know any of these authors, you may want to drop them
>
> a line and make sure they know they've been nominated. Authors, if you see
>
> your name listed, please contact your liaison for help with your nomination,
>
> or mefasupportATgmailDOTcom for help logging in to our website. We'll help
>
> you get the ball rolling.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> Marta (MEFA Admin.)
>

Msg# 10434

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by elliska67 May 25, 2010 - 16:50:00 Topic ID# 10417
You are probably on the list because your status us still set to "Emailed Author" (i.e. it was never changed to "Author has begun but not finished form" or whatever the exact wording is). No worries. I know you are contacted. Sorry about the confusion. elliska

--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Dawn Felagund <DawnFelagund@...> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure why I'm on the list. I started my forms pretty much immediately
> after receiving my nominations, and Elliska and I have been in touch. Thanks
> to everyone who emailed me to let me know that I had been nominated! :)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dawn
>
> --
> ~oOo~
> Dawn Felagund
> http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/
> http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

Msg# 10436

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by telperion1 May 25, 2010 - 17:48:36 Topic ID# 10417
Hi Surgical Steel,

I have edited the LJ post to show people don't need to email you. I can't
edit Yahoo posts, but hopefully people will see your email and know not to
try to reach you.

Sorry if we've been a bit enthusiastic. And thanks for working on your
forms.

Marta

> -----Original Message-----
> From: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com] On
> Behalf Of surgeon_ruth
> Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:02 PM
> To: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [MEFAwards] Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors
>
>
>
> After receiving the first e-mail from a friend telling me I was on the
> 'hard to reach' list, I almost immediately completed all three of my
> nomination forms. I've gotten four more since. Can we now get the word
> out that I'm not hard to reach? ;)
>
> Surgical Steel
>
> --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com <mailto:MEFAwards%40yahoogroups.com> ,
> Diana Nevins <dlnevins@...> wrote:
> >
> > I know Surgical Steel, Dawn Felegund, and Tehta. Tehta's not around
> much online these days, and may prove impossible to reach, but the
> other two should be no problem. I'll get on it!
> >
> > Ithilwen
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> >
> > From: telperion1
> >
> > Sent: May 24, 2010 10:39 PM
> >
> > To: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com <mailto:MEFAwards%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> > Subject: [MEFAwards] Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors
> >
> > Hey guys,
> >
> >
> >
> > Do you know any of these authors?
> >
> >
> >
> > --- Branwyn (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> >
> > --- Canafinwe (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
> >
> > --- Dawn Felagund (Liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> >
> > --- Elvenson (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
> >
> > --- Estelyn Telcontar (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
> >
> > --- KyMahalei (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
> >
> > --- Lady Bluejay (Liaison: Cathleen,
> virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
> >
> > --- Lamiel (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
> >
> > --- Marethiel (Liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawaltATsbcglobalDOTnet)
> >
> > --- Raniel42 (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> >
> > --- SurgicalSteel (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> >
> > --- Tehta (Liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)
> >
> >
> >
> > They have all been nominated at least a week and (according to my
> records at
> >
> > least!) have not given us any indication that they *know* they've
> been
> >
> > nominated. Now, there are several reasons for that. For instance, the
> author
> >
> > could be out of touch temporarily (it is the start of summer), or one
> >
> > volunteer may not have gotten the world to another volunteer yet.
> These
> >
> > authors haven't done anything wrong, and there's no need for alarm
> yet; we
> >
> > still have a bit of time.
> >
> >
> >
> > --- All nominations must be 100% completed by June 21. That includes
> fixing
> >
> > any mistakes found on the form, so it's good to try to finish the
> form a few
> >
> > days before that deadline.
> >
> >
> >
> > --- All nominated authors must give some indication they know they
> were
> >
> > nominated, within two weeks of being nominated. This can mean
> starting the
> >
> > form or emailing the liaison. If they don't, the nomination *may* be
> >
> > withdrawn, at our discretion. (You don't have to be done within two
> weeks,
> >
> > you just have to get started.)
> >
> >
> >
> > So even if you see your name above, there's still time to accept the
> >
> > nomination. But if you know any of these authors, you may want to
> drop them
> >
> > a line and make sure they know they've been nominated. Authors, if
> you see
> >
> > your name listed, please contact your liaison for help with your
> nomination,
> >
> > or mefasupportATgmailDOTcom for help logging in to our website. We'll
> help
> >
> > you get the ball rolling.
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >
> > Marta (MEFA Admin.)
> >
>
>
>
>

Msg# 10437

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by telperion1 May 25, 2010 - 18:00:09 Topic ID# 10417
Hi Dawn,

I think the confusion was that your stories had the status "Email sent to
author." That usually means that you the author had been contacted but had
not begun your form; though obviously not this time! Since I saw that I
assumed that you hadn't begun your form. While I thought you would complete
the nominations at some point, I aim to be over-thorough rather than
under-thorough and so included you.

I've updated the status of your nominations to "Author has begun but not
finished form," which should keep you off future lists. I'll also go edit
the LJ post, so hopefully people won't contact you anymore. If they do, my
apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for the patience as we work
this out.

Marta

> -----Original Message-----
> From: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com] On
> Behalf Of Dawn Felagund
> Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:26 AM
> To: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [MEFAwards] Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors
>
>
>
> I'm not sure why I'm on the list. I started my forms pretty much
> immediately
> after receiving my nominations, and Elliska and I have been in touch.
> Thanks
> to everyone who emailed me to let me know that I had been nominated! :)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dawn
>
> --
> ~oOo~
> Dawn Felagund
> http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/
> http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>

Msg# 10438

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Dawn Felagund May 25, 2010 - 18:15:06 Topic ID# 10417
No worries, Marta! It is indeed better to be safe than sorry. And, believe
me, after juggling Back to Middle-earth Month this year, I have a much
better appreciation for running events that require a lot of admin work
behind the scenes. You all always do a fab job! :)

Dawn

--
~oOo~
Dawn Felagund
http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/
http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Msg# 10442

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by surgeon\_ruth May 26, 2010 - 8:59:45 Topic ID# 10417
Oh, I don't mind enthusiasm, LOL. Thing is, I'd only gotten one of the three e-mails sent to me regarding nominations (the other two ended up in my spam filter for reasons unknown) - and the one I received was on Saturday. I went to the site, saw I had three nominations and three forms to complete, and then promptly got called into the hospital to see a guy who didn't have appendicitis. Next thing I know, I get an e-mail saying I'm 'hard to reach.' I fill out all my forms and then get a ton more e-mails saying I'm hard to reach.

I'm sure the first e-mail must've been sent much earlier - but the first one I actually got was not even 72 hours before I completed all my forms. So I found it somewhat funny - that the surgeon who literally sleeps with a pager, a cell phone, and a land line phone in a neat row on the bedside table is 'hard to reach.' ;)


--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "telperion1" <marta.fandom@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Surgical Steel,
>
> I have edited the LJ post to show people don't need to email you. I can't
> edit Yahoo posts, but hopefully people will see your email and know not to
> try to reach you.
>
> Sorry if we've been a bit enthusiastic. And thanks for working on your
> forms.
>
> Marta
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com] On
> > Behalf Of surgeon_ruth
> > Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:02 PM
> > To: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [MEFAwards] Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors
> >
> >
> >
> > After receiving the first e-mail from a friend telling me I was on the
> > 'hard to reach' list, I almost immediately completed all three of my
> > nomination forms. I've gotten four more since. Can we now get the word
> > out that I'm not hard to reach? ;)
> >
> > Surgical Steel
> >
> > --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com <mailto:MEFAwards%40yahoogroups.com> ,
> > Diana Nevins <dlnevins@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I know Surgical Steel, Dawn Felegund, and Tehta. Tehta's not around
> > much online these days, and may prove impossible to reach, but the
> > other two should be no problem. I'll get on it!
> > >
> > > Ithilwen
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > >
> > > From: telperion1
> > >
> > > Sent: May 24, 2010 10:39 PM
> > >
> > > To: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com <mailto:MEFAwards%40yahoogroups.com>
> > >
> > > Subject: [MEFAwards] Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors
> > >
> > > Hey guys,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Do you know any of these authors?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --- Branwyn (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> > >
> > > --- Canafinwe (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
> > >
> > > --- Dawn Felagund (Liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> > >
> > > --- Elvenson (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
> > >
> > > --- Estelyn Telcontar (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
> > >
> > > --- KyMahalei (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
> > >
> > > --- Lady Bluejay (Liaison: Cathleen,
> > virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
> > >
> > > --- Lamiel (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
> > >
> > > --- Marethiel (Liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawaltATsbcglobalDOTnet)
> > >
> > > --- Raniel42 (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> > >
> > > --- SurgicalSteel (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> > >
> > > --- Tehta (Liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > They have all been nominated at least a week and (according to my
> > records at
> > >
> > > least!) have not given us any indication that they *know* they've
> > been
> > >
> > > nominated. Now, there are several reasons for that. For instance, the
> > author
> > >
> > > could be out of touch temporarily (it is the start of summer), or one
> > >
> > > volunteer may not have gotten the world to another volunteer yet.
> > These
> > >
> > > authors haven't done anything wrong, and there's no need for alarm
> > yet; we
> > >
> > > still have a bit of time.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --- All nominations must be 100% completed by June 21. That includes
> > fixing
> > >
> > > any mistakes found on the form, so it's good to try to finish the
> > form a few
> > >
> > > days before that deadline.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --- All nominated authors must give some indication they know they
> > were
> > >
> > > nominated, within two weeks of being nominated. This can mean
> > starting the
> > >
> > > form or emailing the liaison. If they don't, the nomination *may* be
> > >
> > > withdrawn, at our discretion. (You don't have to be done within two
> > weeks,
> > >
> > > you just have to get started.)
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > So even if you see your name above, there's still time to accept the
> > >
> > > nomination. But if you know any of these authors, you may want to
> > drop them
> > >
> > > a line and make sure they know they've been nominated. Authors, if
> > you see
> > >
> > > your name listed, please contact your liaison for help with your
> > nomination,
> > >
> > > or mefasupportATgmailDOTcom for help logging in to our website. We'll
> > help
> > >
> > > you get the ball rolling.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > >
> > > Marta (MEFA Admin.)
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

Msg# 10444

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by linaewen0 May 26, 2010 - 10:45:10 Topic ID# 10417
I've heard from my author Marethiel, and she's finishing her form, so all is well. Thanks for the help!

An interesting note/trend/thing: I've noticed with a couple of my authors that the form hasn't been set to show an update of progress. At least twice I've checked the form and discovered the box was checked that they were happy with the form, but the status wasn't changed in the drop down menu. So I didn't get an email for that -- and only discovered it because I actually check my authors' forms to see how they are doing. ;-) Another time, it still read "Email Sent" but I could tell the form had been worked on since then by the author. I've gone ahead and changed the status myself on these, when it seemed obvious what the author's status was.

Guess I'm mentioning this as a heads up to both liaisons and authors. :-)

Lin

--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "telperion1" <marta.fandom@...> wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> Do you know any of these authors?
>
> --- Branwyn (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Canafinwe (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
> --- Dawn Felagund (Liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Elvenson (Liaison: Marta, marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom)
> --- Estelyn Telcontar (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
> --- KyMahalei (Liaison: foxrafer, foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
> --- Lady Bluejay (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Lamiel (Liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Marethiel (Liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawaltATsbcglobalDOTnet)
> --- Raniel42 (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- SurgicalSteel (Liaison: Elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
> --- Tehta (Liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)
>
> They have all been nominated at least a week and (according to my records at
> least!) have not given us any indication that they *know* they've been
> nominated. Now, there are several reasons for that. For instance, the author
> could be out of touch temporarily (it is the start of summer), or one
> volunteer may not have gotten the world to another volunteer yet. These
> authors haven't done anything wrong, and there's no need for alarm yet; we
> still have a bit of time.
>
> --- All nominations must be 100% completed by June 21. That includes fixing
> any mistakes found on the form, so it's good to try to finish the form a few
> days before that deadline.
>
> --- All nominated authors must give some indication they know they were
> nominated, within two weeks of being nominated. This can mean starting the
> form or emailing the liaison. If they don't, the nomination *may* be
> withdrawn, at our discretion. (You don't have to be done within two weeks,
> you just have to get started.)
>
> So even if you see your name above, there's still time to accept the
> nomination. But if you know any of these authors, you may want to drop them
> a line and make sure they know they've been nominated. Authors, if you see
> your name listed, please contact your liaison for help with your nomination,
> or mefasupportATgmailDOTcom for help logging in to our website. We'll help
> you get the ball rolling.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marta (MEFA Admin.)
>

Msg# 10445

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Marlyn Bumpus May 26, 2010 - 11:03:27 Topic ID# 10417
Hi there!

> An interesting note/trend/thing: I've noticed with a couple of my authors that the
> form hasn't been set to show an update of progress.

Yes. While I was filling my form, I found that to be a bit redundant. I'd check the box that said I was happy with the form, but for it actually to show, I had to manually adjust the pull-down as well. It took a bit for me to figure out I had to do BOTH or my form wouldn't show as completed.

Cuio mae.

Aeärwen

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Msg# 10446

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Diana Nevins May 26, 2010 - 11:26:37 Topic ID# 10417
I think a lot of authors are getting tripped up that way (I know several of mine have). They check the box, but don't see (and therefore don't change) the drop-down menu. Something to think about changing for next year, perhaps?

Ithilwen

-----Original Message-----

From: Marlyn Bumpus

Sent: May 26, 2010 11:03 AM

To: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com

Subject: Re: [MEFAwards] Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors


Hi there!

> An interesting note/trend/thing: I've noticed with a couple of my authors that the

> form hasn't been set to show an update of progress.

Yes. While I was filling my form, I found that to be a bit redundant. I'd check the box that said I was happy with the form, but for it actually to show, I had to manually adjust the pull-down as well. It took a bit for me to figure out I had to do BOTH or my form wouldn't show as completed.

Cuio mae.

Aeärwen

Msg# 10447

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Dawn Felagund May 26, 2010 - 11:35:03 Topic ID# 10417
*raises hand* That was me! That was how I ended up on the hard-to-reach
list, because I didn't see the drop-down. Part of that, admittedly, is that
I've filled out a MEFA form or two in my day and so tend not to read the
instructions as closely as I probably should. ._. So I saved my form without
attending much to the stuff at the bottom of the page (intending to come
back and check over everything more closely at a later date).

Dawn, contrite

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Diana Nevins <dlnevins@earthlink.net>wrote:

>
>
> I think a lot of authors are getting tripped up that way (I know several of
> mine have). They check the box, but don't see (and therefore don't change)
> the drop-down menu. Something to think about changing for next year,
> perhaps?
>
> Ithilwen
>


> --
> ~oOo~
> Dawn Felagund
> http://themidhavens.net/heretic_loremaster/
> http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Msg# 10448

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Aranel May 26, 2010 - 12:31:25 Topic ID# 10417
Hi everyone,

Sorry about the confusion on the Nomination Form! We're working up some changes that will hopefully make it a little clearer and we should have those in place sometime today.

The Nomination Form is going to have a lot of changes for next year and that should eliminate this problem.

Thanks!
Aranel
MEFA Tech Support

Msg# 10453

Re: Admin - Possibly Hard-to-Reach Authors Posted by Aranel May 26, 2010 - 17:17:31 Topic ID# 10417
Hi everyone,

I've uploaded some changes to the wording on the Nomination Form for the nomination confirmation. (You may need to click "Reload Language File" at the top of the page to see the changes). Does that help with clarifying the steps? Is it obvious that both need to be selected?

Thanks,
Aranel

--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "Aranel" <araneltook@...> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Sorry about the confusion on the Nomination Form! We're working up some changes that will hopefully make it a little clearer and we should have those in place sometime today.
>
> The Nomination Form is going to have a lot of changes for next year and that should eliminate this problem.
>
> Thanks!
> Aranel
> MEFA Tech Support
>